Hi!

Being a newbie to maven, I wonder if this idea could work:

I want to have my own remote repository with a subset of the content of
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/ <http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/>  located
at my local machine where I could access it using the "file:" protocol.
And in addition I want to prevent maven from accessing
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/ <http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/>  any
longer so that my own remote repository will be the only one to be used.

My idea was to start with using the standard repository
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/ <http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/>  as
usual, so that my local repository got populated. Then I copied the
content of my local repository to the directory where the location of my
remote repository should be. My pom.xml looks like this:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>wollox-repo</id>
      <url>file:U:///Modules/my-remote-repo/</url>
      <layout>default</layout>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

  <pluginRepositories>
    <pluginRepository>
      <id>wollox-plugin-repo</id>
      <url>file:U:///Modules/my-remote-repo/</url>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
      </snapshots>
      <releases>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
      </releases>
    </pluginRepository>
  </pluginRepositories>

After deleting my local repository and disconnecting from the internet I
called maven on my project (mvn clean), but it showed this error:

[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin: checking
for updates from wollox-plugin-repo
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin: checking
for updates from central
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'artifact
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin' could not be retrieved from
re
pository: central due to an error: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted
[INFO]
----
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
----
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found

So I wonder if it is possible at all to take the local repository as
base of my own remote repository? And how can I disable that "checking
for updates from central"?

Regards
Gerald