Back on Feb 11 there was a thread regarding
integration testing with the subject line "How to bind
execution of integration tests to integration-test
phase".

Like Pete, who offered good advice in that thread, I
also need to do in-container testing via Cactus, run
CruiseControl and deploy to OAS/OC4J.

Pete, if you see this posting, I'm interested in a few
additional details about your approach.

1) does your "runtests-integration" project (or
sub-projects) deploy the application (ear file) under
test, or does it assume that the application under
test is already deployed?

2) You said in your posting that "With m2.02 I should
now convert the Antruns to Ant Plugins." Why is that?
Is there a new version of the Ant plugin that provides
some new functionality that obviates the need for
Antrun? I couldn't find any release notes or other
info about the Ant Plugin that suggested anything new.
Can you explain further?

3) You refer to two other modules - "tests-serverside"
and "tests-incontainer". What is the relationship of
the "tests-incontainer" modules to your
"runtests-integration" module(s) and/or your
application module(s)? Is the "tests-incontainer"
artifact (jar) packaged into, and deployed with, your
application ear? Is it packaged and deployed
separately? If the latter, is your
"runtests-integration" module responsible for
deploying that (perhaps inside of a war with the
Cactus jar and its dependency jars)?

4) How do you deploy and configure Cactus and all its
dependencies? Did you set up a "shared library" in
OC4J or deploy them along with the tests?

5) You must have a web app somewhere that gets the
Cactus servlets, filters, etc. in the game, right? Is
it packaged in the ear or separate?

Thanks for any additional info about your approach.

Dave

Dave Muirhead
303-638-4618
[EMAIL PROTECTED]