From: Xavier Toth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 9:34 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: [m2] multiproject using plugin

I have a project that builds an rpm with the rpm plugin which works
fine.
Now I want to build several rpms so I've made several projects and a
parent project to run them all. However when I run the parent (mvn -o
clean
rpm:rpm) I get the following output:

NOTE: Maven is executing in offline mode. Any artifacts not already in
your local repository will be inaccessible.

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   micro_proxy
[INFO]   sockd
[INFO]   JWSS
[INFO]   rpm
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'rpm'.
[INFO]
----
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
----
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-rpm-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found [INFO]
----

My parent pom looks like:
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"; xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd";>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>org.jcdx.jwss</groupId>
  <artifactId>rpm</artifactId>
  <version>1.0</version>
  <packaging>pom</packaging>
  <name>rpm</name>
  <url>http://jcdx.org</url>
  <parent>
    <groupId>org.jcdx.jwss</groupId>
    <artifactId>jwss</artifactId>
    <version>1.0.0</version>
  </parent>

  <modules>
    <module>micro_proxy</module>
    <module>socks</module>
    <module>jwss</module>
  </modules>

  <build>
    <pluginManagement>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>rpm-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.0-alpha-2-SNAPSHOT</version>
            </plugin>
         </plugins>
    </pluginManagement>
  </build>

</project>

I don't think the pluginManagement does anything in this instance.

I can run this command successfully in the suprojects why doesn't it
work from the parent? Is there a way in the parent to specify the goals
for the children?

Xavier