> He was lookin at the wrong plugin. It wasn't a problem of the pom v3
> but the plugin NOT working on maven 2, so no need for a m2 pom

I admit I hijacked this thread, but I did want to make mention of the
point while I was thinking about it.

When one specifies <layout>legacy</layout>, as is required sometimes, it
seems that m2 will find the pom but ignore its metadata, which is a tad
silly, IMHO.

Further, to be frank, I have not gone through the effort of searching
Jira to see if this is already filed as a feature-request.

Sorry for the doubly bad netiquette.

  -- /v\atthew