Hi,

some of you might have followed my trials to setup a new project [1]: I'm now
trying to work on the first step, which is using the assembly plugin to stuff
all generated sources into a zip/jar file. The problem is, that during the
build lifecycle I actually only want two plugins to be executed:
1) my custom plugin in the generate-sources phase and
2) the assembly plugin for packaging.

How can that be achieved? When I define only those plugins and no packaging,
maven defaults to the jar packaging, which is invoking a lot of other unwanted
plugins/mojos.

I tried to define a new packaging in my plugin for the source code generation,
but I don't know how to do that. I was following the giode [2] so far, but
there isn't explained how the plexus/components.xml can be integrated, or if
it's possible at all.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg37006.html
[2] http://maven.apache.org/guides/plugin/guide-ant-plugin-development.html

Thanks for your feedback.

Andreas Ebbert-Karroum
  Software Design Engineer - Nokia Networks Services / Middleware
  phone: +49-211-94123928, fax: +49-211-94123838
  Heltorfer Straße 1, 40472 Düsseldorf, Germany

________________________________

This message is confidential. If you have received this message in error,
please delete it from your system. You should not copy it for any purpose, or
disclose its contents to any other person. Internet communications are not
secure and therefore Nokia GmbH does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network.
Thank you.

Nokia GmbH, Nokia Networks is a German Company. Further information about the
Company is available from its principal offices at Heltorferstrasse 1, D-40472,
Düsseldorf, Germany and from the website at http://www.nokia.com/