I'm sorry but i don't jnow what's happen, it works fine for me and other users with a standard jabber server or google talk.

You can try to find what is the problem by looking at code of plexus-jabber : http://svn.codehaus.org/trunk/plexus-components/plexus-jabber/src/main/java/org/codehaus/plexus/jabber/?root=plexus

Emmanuel

[EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :
OK

I tried couple of things

1. I changed something so build would fail(that would change the previous state of build) and my jabber configuration i used it as SSL then i got the error

jvm 1 | 2006-03-14 17:40:19,385 [Thread-1] ERROR ContinuumNotificationDispatcher - Error while trying to use the jabb
ernotifier.
jvm 1 | org.codehaus.plexus.notification.NotificationException: Exception while sending message. jvm 1 | at org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.jabber.JabberContinuumNotifier.sendMessage(JabberContinuumNot
ifier.java:236)
jvm 1 | at org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.jabber.JabberContinuumNotifier.sendNotification(JabberContinu
umNotifier.java:135)
jvm 1 | at org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.sendNotification(Defau
ltContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:173)
jvm 1 | at org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.buildComplete(DefaultC
ontinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:96)
jvm 1 | at org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(DefaultBuildController.java:3
63)
jvm 1 | at org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.executeTask(BuildProjectTaskExecu
tor.java:53)
jvm 1 | at org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable.run(ThreadedTaskQu
eueExecutor.java:103)
jvm 1    |      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
jvm 1 | Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.JabberClientException: Can't connect to mx.mycompany:5223 jvm 1 | at org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.DefaultJabberClient.connect(DefaultJabberClient.java:51) jvm 1 | at org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.jabber.JabberContinuumNotifier.sendMessage(JabberContinuumNot
ifier.java:216)
jvm 1    |      ... 7 more
jvm 1    | Caused by: Connection failed. No response from server.:
jvm 1 | at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.startup(PacketReader.java:170) jvm 1 | at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.init(XMPPConnection.java:766) jvm 1 | at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.<init>(XMPPConnection.java:222) jvm 1 | at org.jivesoftware.smack.SSLXMPPConnection.<init>(SSLXMPPConnection.java:87) jvm 1 | at org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.DefaultJabberClient.connect(DefaultJabberClient.java:46)
jvm 1    |      ... 8 more

2. Then again changed the fixed the code (so now it would change exit code from 1 - 0) then changed the SSL connection to false for jabber notification

This time got Exit 0 but no notification to Jabber, it just stopped at saying Exit Code - 0

Thanks,
Raghu

Emmanuel Venisse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
03/14/2006 10:36 AM
Please respond to continuum-users

To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org cc: Subject: Re: Jabber not working

it's because you have the same state in your current build and your last.

Create an error in your code (if actually, your build is in success) so, the build state will be different and notifier will be called.

Emmanuel

[EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :

Yes,

It just displays error code 0 thats it nothing more

Thanks,
Raghu

Emmanuel Venisse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
03/14/2006 02:36 AM
Please respond to continuum-users

       To:     continuum-users@maven.apache.org
cc: Subject: Re: Jabber not working

Without SSL checked, you have nothing, no errors, no log messages?

Emmanuel

[EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :

Yeah exactly same thing (room as Recipient address, then "Is it a Jabber

group"  has checked)  have it defined in my notifier

I also logged into to my room using the samecredential so the server is

up

and credential also right.

the one thing i noticied is
when i say it has SSL Connection then its threw that error,

vm 1 | Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.JabberClientException: Can't connect to mx.company.com:5223 vm 1 | at

org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.DefaultJabberClient.connect(DefaultJabberClient.java:51)

vm 1 | at

org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.jabber.JabberContinuumNotifier.sendMessage(JabberContinuumNot

fier.java:216)
vm 1    |      ... 7 more
vm 1    | Caused by: Connection failed. No response from server.:
vm 1 | at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.startup(PacketReader.java:170) vm 1 | at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.init(XMPPConnection.java:766) vm 1 | at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.<init>(XMPPConnection.java:222) vm 1 | at

org.jivesoftware.smack.SSLXMPPConnection.<init>(SSLXMPPConnection.java:87)

vm 1 | at

org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.DefaultJabberClient.connect(DefaultJabberClient.java:46)

if i uncheck the SSL connection its not throwing error, as wellas its

not

sending any messages it just stops at jvm 1 | 2006-03-13 13:44:54,039 [Thread-1] INFO ContinuumBuildExecutor:shell - Exit code: 0

Thanks,
Raghu

Emmanuel Venisse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
03/13/2006 12:55 PM