Hi,

I just tried the release plugin.
When I issue a "mvn release:prepare" command I get an error. (see error at the bottom) For my scm connection I have configuread a server entry in my settigns file which is correctly used by changelog plugin.
so the scm url and the username/password are correct.

In the access_log files of my svn server I can see that the release plugin is not using the username/password from the settings.xml file and is using my windows username instead.

Is there a way to tell the release plugin the username/password for the tagging?

Regards
Stefan

[INFO] Tagging release with the label my-1.0.
Provider message:
The svn tag command failed.
Command output:
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/tags/sonic/my-1.0'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/tags/sonic/my-1.0': authorization failed (http://myserer.com)

[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] An error is occurred in the tag process.

Embedded error: Error!
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[DEBUG] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: An error is occurred in the tag process. at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor
.java:556)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycl
eExecutor.java:485)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.
java:455)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultL
ifecycleExecutor.java:303)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleE
xecutor.java:216)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java
:139)
       at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: An error is occurred in the tag process. at org.apache.maven.plugins.release.PrepareReleaseMojo.tagRelease(PrepareReleaseMojo.java:14
14)
at org.apache.maven.plugins.release.PrepareReleaseMojo.execute(PrepareReleaseMojo.java:246) at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:415) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor
.java:531)
       ... 16 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.scm.ScmException: Error!
at org.apache.maven.plugins.release.helpers.ScmHelper.checkResult(ScmHelper.java:124) at org.apache.maven.plugins.release.helpers.ScmHelper.tag(ScmHelper.java:226) at org.apache.maven.plugins.release.PrepareReleaseMojo.tagRelease(PrepareReleaseMojo.java:14
10)
       ... 19 more