Snapshots for Maven will slowly be moved to the Apache repository.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but I removed the old version to avoid
any confusion - its not much different than publishing a new snapshot
over the top (except that you could roll back to the last version that
worked, but you can still go back to 2.0-beta-4 too :)

I explained the changes to the site plugin on the dev list. We've
dramatically cut traffic there recently by getting rid of all the
automated notifications. If you intend to use nightly builds of Maven
or its plugins, you should subscribe to that list.

I'll look into the NPE.

Thanks,
Brett