Note that if your code depends on static initializers being called on each
invocation, setting forkMode to "once" will break your tests.  This is true
whether the tests are running in M2 or Maven 1.1

Ian

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not

Ian D. Stewart
Phone: (614) 244-2564
Pager: (888) 260-0078

                      "Jeff Jensen"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "'Maven Users List'"
<users@maven.apache.org>
                      nology.com>                     cc:

                                                      Subject:  RE: speed up
test execution
                      03/15/2006 05:27 PM

                      Please respond to "Maven

                      Users List"

With m1.1, setting fork to "once" speeds the execution over "always"
because
it forks to one JVM for all tests, vs a new JVM for each test.  What is
your
setting?  But I do see Maven running tests slower than inside Eclipse as
well.