Irrespective of the tone of your email, I thought I should explain the
situation as far as I know it.

I think everyone agrees that these poms are not really "acceptable" in
the long term and will need to be addressed at some point. But it is
tough for someone to randomly pick a project, grab the pom, and
without digging through code or knowing something about the project,
figure out the dependencies and other attributes of the pom. It is
really best if we can convince the original project development team
to adopt Maven2 and contribute their own poms. ;-)

I'd encourage you and other users to post JIRA MEV tasks so these poms
can be addressed.

Wayne