No, there is no real reason. After some thinking, I actually like the Maven way.

How about seeing the reason why the test failed as opposed to just <<<FAILURE>>>

-S.

Alexandre Poitras wrote:
If you really need to not duplicate it , you can point your resources
directory on your java directory. Unless you really need to (because
of some tools), I suggest you to go the standard way and duplicate
your directory structure, it will make your life easier :)