Hi Gunther,

I've already read that section before, but I don't consider these two sentences
explaining:

First, it's mentioned at the wrong place (when I'm looking for available
properties, I would go the the POM references, I think. But not where I filter
resource files.

Second:
"To accomplish this in Maven, put a reference to the property that will contain
the value into your resource file using the syntax ${<property name>}. The
property can be one of the values defined in your pom.xml, a value defined in
the user's settings.xml, a property defined in an external properties file, or
a system property."

Leaves a couple of questions:
* What's the syntax of <property name>? Apparently some dot-separated grammar.
* Does that apply to all elements in the POM? If yes, how are multiple children
with the same name addressed?

>- The (hard-coded) property ${basedir} (contains the path of
>the POM-file)
>- All Java System Properties defined by the JVM.
>- All properties defined in the properties-element of the POM.
>- All elements in pom.xml and settings.xml as stated above
>- All (platform-specific) Environment variables (Just add the
>prefix env. For example ${env.M2_HOME} returns the Maven2
>installation path).
>
>I´m not 100% sure about the list and appreciate any
>additions/corrections.

A great list so far, thanks!

 _         __                _  _
//\ndreas.[|-bbert-[]/arroum(a)[|\|okia.com
           `-        `
   Andreas Ebbert-Karroum
   Software Design Engineer - Nokia Networks Services / Middleware
   phone: +49-211-94123928, fax: +49-211-9412-3838
   Heltorfer Straße 1, 40472 Düsseldorf, Germany

This message is confidential. If you have received this message in error,
please delete it from your system. You should not copy it for any purpose,
or disclose its contents to any other person. Internet communications are
not secure and therefore Nokia GmbH does not accept legal responsibility
for the contents of this message as it has been transmitted over a public
network. Thank you.
Nokia GmbH, Nokia Networks is a German Company. Further information
about the Company is available from its principal offices at
Heltorferstrasse 1, D-40472, Düsseldorf, Germany and from the
website at http://www.nokia.com/