Ah thanks! Ok, so now i'm getting somewhere. Now my internal maven proxy is
being contacted, however it doesn't seem to be able to fetch anything from
central. For example: I removed everything from ~/.m2/repository and ran my
project again, however it fell over straight away with:
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO]

I assume this means it can't fetch the maven-resources-plugin from the
repository (because it's not in my local one yet). But why didn't it then go
on to try central?

Sorry for all the bother, and once again thank you for your help!

Gareth