I'm tying to set up a maven project in such a way that I can have a base set of jsp, css, javascript, etc files located in 1 project and have them included by various other projects. The goal is to have multiple war files being built with generally the same jsps, css, etc (without making copies of the jsp files).

Packaging these web files into a jar archive is easy enough, and I could obviously list this jar as a dependency for my war projects, but I'd like these files to be deployed in the resultant war file as war/css, war/js, etc, instead of the jar file simply being included in my war/WEB-INF/lib directory.

Is there something out there already that can handle this, or do I need some custom code/scripting to do the job. Could I approach this with a custom archetype for the webfiles, so that I can handle it in a custom way during war file building? Is there some way that I can process the jar archive during one of the war lifecycle phases so that I can included the files like they were generated-sources? Is there some other approach that would help?

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

-Jake