Check this out to actually use another JDK

      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <fork>true</fork>
          <compilerVersion>1.3</compilerVersion>
          <executable>C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.3.1_18/bin/javac</executable>
          <!--
          A portable way using environment variables
          <executable>${JAVA_1_3_HOME}/bin/javac</executable>
          -->
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

On 3/28/06, Nicolas De Loof <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This should work better :
>
>       <plugin>
>         <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
>         <configuration>
>               <compilerVersion>1.3</compilerVersion>
>               <source>1.3</source>
>               <target>1.3</target>
>
> <bootclasspath>${pom.getDependencyPath('jara:rt')}</bootclasspath>
>         </configuration>
>       </plugin>
>
>     <dependency>
>           <groupId>java</groupId>
>           <artifactId>rt</artifactId>
>           <version>1.3</version>
>           <scope>system</scope>
>     </dependency>
>
> Now, how to set the (computer specific) location of the "system" scoped
> dependency ?
>
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html
> only says the dependency will not be looked-up from repository, but HOW
> to provide it ?
>
> Nico.
>

> Nicolas De Loof a écrit :
> >
> > Could it be possible to set this "rt.jar" as a (system ?) dependency,
> > something like this :
> >
> > <bootclasspath>${getDependencyPath("java:rt:1.3")}</bootclasspath>
> >

> > Siegmann Daniel, NY a écrit :
> >> I too have had to override the JAVA_HOME JDK, though in my case it
> >> was to
> >> compile for 1.3 rather than 1.4. What you seem to be missing is
> >> setting the
> >> bootclasspath to the correct Java runtime library. Below is the
> >> configuration I use. I hope this helps.
> >>
> >>       <plugin>
> >>         <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
> >>         <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
> >>         <configuration>
> >>           <source>1.3</source>
> >>           <target>1.3</target>
> >>           <compilerArguments>
> >>
> >> <bootclasspath>..\..\tools\jdk\1.3.1_15\jre\lib\rt.jar</bootclasspath>
> >>           </compilerArguments>
> >>         </configuration>
> >>       </plugin>
> >>
> >> --