I'm writing a plugin that, among other things, needs to know where exactly a
dependency came from; that is, a fully qualified URL to the remote repository
where the artifact was retrieved.

  Seemed easy at first - write a mojo, iterate through project.getArtifacts(),
call artifact.getRepository() on each... and the return value turns out to be
always null. Huh? Why?

  I also had a look at the ResolutionListener interface, but it seems to suffer
from the same problem: none of the callback methods are passed data that would
tell me which repository is being examined.

  Is there any way to get at this information? Thanks!

  --Matthew Beermann