I guess you want to use import to reuse common configuration which
usually done using a parent pom.

Unfortunately,  I think  there is no official guide yet but do a
search on parent pom in this list and you'll find tons of
informations. Basically, you just need to add a <parent/> element to
your pom and your project pom will inherit the parent pom
configuration values (those inheritable).

--
Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada