That solved the problem, thanks.

For those interested, I simply added this to the pom :
    <profiles>
        <profile>
            <id>jettyConfig</id>
            <dependencies>
                <dependency>
                    <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
                    <artifactId>jsp-api</artifactId>
                    <version>2.0</version>
                    <scope>compile</scope>
                </dependency>

                <dependency>
                    <groupId>tomcat</groupId>
                    <artifactId>jasper-compiler</artifactId>
                    <version>5.5.9</version>
                    <scope>compile</scope>
                </dependency>
                <dependency>
                    <groupId>tomcat</groupId>
                    <artifactId>jasper-runtime</artifactId>
                    <version>5.5.9</version>
                    <scope>compile</scope>
                </dependency>
                <dependency>
                    <groupId>tomcat</groupId>
                    <artifactId>jasper-compiler-jdt</artifactId>
                    <version>5.5.9</version>
                    <scope>compile</scope>
                </dependency>
            </dependencies>
        </profile>
    </profiles>

Which overrides the scope for the jsp-api jar, and adds the tomcat stuff :)
With this in the pom, just run with : mvn -P jettyConfig clean jetty6:run

Maven2 is great, the more I learn the more I love it.

Cheers,
 Mikael