Hi everyone,

I just want to spark a discussion here on the list.  I want to know if you
guys/girls have encountered a simliar problem to what I'm having now.  So
here goes:

At our company we have two J2EE applications that are fairly large with
many projects.  We operate in a RAD/Eclipse environment with CVS as our
SCM.  There are shared projects (e.g. Utility projects) between the two
applications.  These shared projects are developed more or less separately
from the two main applications.  It is ideal for the two big applications
to depend on the latest (i.e. HEAD) of the utility projects.  However,
sometimes when deadlines are looming, and there's no time to test these
latest changes, one or both of our applications will want to depend on an
older, CVS tagged version of these utility projects.

So the question is, how can I design my POM for these Utility projects so
that I can build the application despite using a CVS tagged version?

What I have now:
- App 1 depends on Utility 1.1.0 (HEAD)
- App 2 depends on Utility 1.0.0 (old CVS tagged version)
- Continuum 1.0.2
- Utility pom.xml at HEAD is 1.1.0
- Utility pom.xml at tag is 1.0.0
- both applications are in Continuum, modules are symlinked in CVS so that
Continuum can check them all out at once. Utility project included with
each application checkout.

So really I guess that if there's a way to checkout an older version of
the Utility project but HEAD of everything else, then I'm fine.  Is there
a way to do this? Or am I using Maven incorrectly?  If I'm unclear, please
ask and I'll try my best to clarify what I have.

Thanks so much.

_Mang Lau