It certainly does use it if you are using 2.0-beta-1 or later.  The
rulesets are packaged in pmd-3.x.jar, not the plugin.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Fay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:36 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: PMD reports

1. Remove the whole <rulesets> node from your configuration. At this
moment, the PMD plugin does not actually use those values. Instead it
automatically uses basic, controversial, and hmm I forget the last, and
they are all stored within the plugin Jar itself.

Wayne

On 4/5/06, Venkatagopalaraju <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Dear Maven Users,
>
>      I am trying to generate PMD reports. I have used maven-pmd-plugin
as shown below.
> <reporting>
>        <plugins>
>            <plugin>
>                <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                <artifactId>maven-pmd-plugin</artifactId>
>                <configuration>
>                    <rulesets>
>                        <ruleset>/rulesets/basic.xml</ruleset>
>                        <ruleset>/rulesets/controversial.xml</ruleset>
>                        </rulesets>
>                    <format>xml</format>
>                    <linkXref>true</linkXref>
>                    <sourceEncoding>utf-8</sourceEncoding>
>                    <minimumTokens>100</minimumTokens>
>                </configuration>
>            </plugin>
>        </plugins>
>    </reporting>
> When I try to run by using "mvn pmd:pmd", getting Build Error(Unable
> to find location rulesets/basic.xml). Could you please let me know,
1.I am in confusion, whether I need to generate basic.xml or not?
> 2.I am using commands for generating PMD reports as "mvn pmd:pmd" and
"mvn pmd:cpd". Which one I need to use first?