Hello,
If the two jars are direct dependency in your project you can use
scope provided for what you want to exclude.
If they are bundled by transitive dependency mechanism , you declare
them as direct dependency inside the pom.xml and use provided scope.
I do it to exclude servlet-api which is compile dependency of spring
and acegisecurity in WEB-INF/lib .
I hope it helps,
Tom.