I am new to Maven (2) and to TestNG. I decided to take both for a
spin, and I ran into the same situation. I had no problem running my
unit tests, but I was not able to generate the report. I had trouble
finding any documentation. I actually posted my questions on the
TestNG mailing list at
http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?threadID=24959&tstart=0. I
guess I should have posted here. In any event, I was able to generate
my report, but there is something that I didn't expect to see. I have
one test class, com.foo.MessageProviderTest with one test,
testGetMessageOfTheDay().  On the report under the Test Cases section,
what shows up under MessageProviderTest is class
org.apache.maven.surefire.battery.JUnitBattery.testGetMessageOfTheDay.
It appears that at runtime, a class is dynamically generated. I am
just surprised to see that show up in the report.

- John