+1  What he (they) said.  :-)

Consistently releasing releases.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dion Gillard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 6:05 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Maven 1.1 gold?

This is a great way of doing things, IMHO.

It forces regular, reproducible builds.
It allows widespread testing of those builds.
It gathers a consensus outside the dev team on what is a recommended stable
build.
It provides for options other than the install of a major release and
handpicking changes.

On 4/8/06, Arnaud HERITIER <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <SNIP/>
> >

> > Finally, as Jeff has pointed out, I am also not happy about the
> > naming, I think m11b2 and the current m11b3-SNAPSHOT are far
> > superior and more stable than the suffix 'beta' would suggest.
>

> Personnaly I prefered if we follow a versionning convention like in
> httpd, tomcat and some other projects.
> These projects release regularly a new version X.Y.Z and launch a vote
> to decide if this is a stable release or not.
> It's wht you have in these projects a big number for Z. It's more a
> build number than a fix number.
>
> But it's not actually the policy for maven.
>
> And again: any help would be very welcome! :)
>

> YES !! :-)
>
> Arnaud

Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light. Not because Chuck Norris is afraid
of the dark, but because the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris