(I assume you meant to reply to the list?)

On 4/10/06, Jacek Laskowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The assembly plugin should be replacable with the Maven assembly
> > plugin, which was one of them.
>
> I know Prasad who's working on the plugin thinks alike, but what I
> dislike with this approach (and was the reason there's no way to
> script using Jelly in M2) is that you duplicate some content in two
> files - an assembly descriptor and pom.xml, which I hoped I could
> avoid.

What content is duplicated? If its in regards to dependencies - its
only when you need to specifically include or exclude, so its fewer
lines and its not duplicated.

> The use case is simple - only a few dependencies should go to a
> generated file - being an output of the plugin.

I still don't understand what you are trying to do with the file, what
format it is in, why these are required. Anyway, the technique is
probably a filter.

> I wonder what was the reason to introduce the properties in the first
> place, in M1? What made you think they'd be necessary? If I had known
> this, I would likely not have asked the questions ;)

It happened before I joined, but I suspect it was for war.bundle,
which would be because there was no scope to indicate a sensible
separation of runtime dependencies from test and build dependencies.

- Brett