Tried this, but the sam error.

the stange thing is maven always promts me with "Password: : ", i.e. double colons
And the password you type is visible at the console.

[INFO] [deploy:deploy]
[INFO] Retrieving previous build number from systemone-repository
Password: : xyz
Password: : xyz
Uploading: scp://development1/var/www/repository/at/systemone/systemone/1.0-SNAPSHOT/systemone-1.0-20060410.114248-3.pom
8K uploaded
[INFO] Retrieving previous metadata from systemone-repository
Password: :

Do you expirience the same if you don't put passwords in your settings.xml?
thanks,
Roland

Stephen Duncan schrieb:
Due to a server change/security settings change, I now use sftp://,
but had previously used scp:// with success.

-Stephen