It seems when I set the local repository in settings.xml like this:

<localRepository>C:\Documents and Settings\maven</localRepository>

then I get the output below when I <echo>${localRepository}</echo> from
the antrun-plugin:

[local] -> file://C:\Documents and Settings\maven2

Is this normal? It's preventing ${localRepository} being useable in the
antrun-plugin. I know there are tasks like propertyRegexp in ant-contrib
that could possiblty filter the unwanted part but would rather not add
yet another dependency. Is the file:// prefix the intended behaviour or
a bug?