Dear Maven Users,

My current build has 80 projects of types simple jar, ejb types, war types and
mdb types.
Current hierarchy of POMs is used as follows:

rootproject:
           :pom.xml
           :commonpom.xml
           :ejbpom.xml ---> uses commonpom.xml as parent POM
           :warpom.xml ---> uses ejbpom.xml as parent POM
           :mdbpom.xml ---> uses ejbpom.xml as parent POM

           childjarprojects:
                           :pom.xml  ---> uses commonpom.xml as parent POM
           childejbprojects:
                           :pom.xml  ---> uses ejbpom.xml as parent POM

           childwarprojects:
                           :pom.xml  ---> uses warpom.xml as parent POM
           childmdbprojects:
                           :pom.xml  ---> uses mdbpom.xml as parent POM

different common POM xmls are created because of different directory structures
and to remove
redundancy.
I put SCM tag in commonpom.xml so that it could be propogated into the other
child POMs but
it looks like it propogates to just one level up i.e. If I put scm tag in
ejbpom.xml then childwarprojects:pom.xml works fine but if I put in
commonpom.xml then it does not work because
childwarprojects:pom.xml uses ejbpom.xml as parent which uses commonpom.xml as
parent which gives
2 level hirarchy. Because of this constraint, I have put scm tag in all root
level POMs and builds are working fine. But will get maintenance problem
because of the same scm tags in 5 files.

Could I get suggestion to remove redundancy?

Thanking you in advance for the help.
Vijay