I changed the subject because I have more infomation.

I took out my attempt to get cobertura to report and now, instead of hanging
during the websphere task, it hangs after printing this:

 T E S T S

It's running tests on one of my topmost projects (according to dependencies
and it just stops.

The symptoms are as described in the previous email. One of the hyperthread
pseudo-processors is pegged and shows 13 hours of procesor time. The build
started about 15 hours ago when I left last night.

Does anyone know what sort of thing might cause maven to hang this way
during a build but only if a clean is done first or done at the same time.

Thanks.

-- Lee