I had the same issue with jars and am currently using the 2.1-SNAPSHOT of the jar-plugin to exclude the pom.xml and pom.properties from the generated file. One problem with the included pom is that it contains a version number (in my case 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT). I am running an integration build every night and deploy a new snapshot-build of the product to an internal repository. Other guys pick up the builds and verify them. At some point in time, hopefully, we decide that the product is ready and release it - as is. We explicitly do NOT want to modify the artifact in any way.

However, if the pom.xml is included in all the jars, the version number contained within will state "1.2.0-SNAPSHOT" for a released product. That´s not a big issue, but I simply dislike it. So it decided to exclude the poms from the beginning from all jars.

Gunther

Wayne Fay schrieb:
Just curious why you care about this? It doesn't affect/break anything
for me, so I've just ignored it until now.

(You're not the only person to ask this question on the users list, so
I'm wondering what issues people are running into etc, and if perhaps
this "create META-INF/maven folder" is something that should be
defaulted to false if its causing problems for people...)

Wayne