Dear List,

I am working on a database-centric web app, which I am using Maven2 to
manage.  In order to improve test runtimes and reduce dependencies on
external changes, I am using Apache Derby's EmbeddedDriver for database
interaction in the unit tests.

Once I've created the database and tables within Derby and populated the
tables with sample data, the tests run fine.  However, whenever somebody
else checks out the source and does 'mvn install', the tests fail quite
spectacularly (not really surprising, since the database infrastructure is
not in place on their machine).

Does anyone know of a mechanism within Maven (either a generic facility or
something specific to Derby) that can be used to create and populate the
database if it doesn't exist already?

Thanks,
Ian

It's better to be hated for who you are