I've been trying to find an answer to this without
much luck, but can't believe nobody else has tried to
do this.  Apologies in advance if the answer is
readily available... If so, my keywords must suck.

I've got a M2 multproject setup that builds several
artifacts.

+ parent
-+ pom.xml
-+ child1
-+ child2

We want to assign the same version to each artifact in
the multiproject build, but it doesn't look like the
version is actually an inheritable field.  This means
each time we want to build a new version, we need to
modify the POM for each child project, regardless of
whether or not it changed.

Is there some easy way to do this under Maven2?

Thanks!