On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Gunzenreiner Simon wrote:

> That has helped a lot - was not aware of the <type> in <dependency>.
>
> Regarding not having to include <type>ejb-client</type>: I think
> generateClient is false for the ejb goal. Anyway, I have my client
> interfaces in a separate project (and I think as long as deployed in the
> same ear and referenced through Class-Path this is still ok with the
> spec ..).

No it is not. The spec says that ejb modules must have impl + api
in the same jar. But you can try, maybe your container doesn't honor the
spec :)

> So I tried with to add my client module with either
> 1) <type>ejb-client</type> in the dependency, and get
>    Missing:
>    ----------
>    1)
> winterthur.jackpot.sample:sample-ejb-client:ejb-client:client:1.0-SNAPSHOT

That can be right - you don't have an artifact with that type.
You need generateClient=true in an ejb-packaging project for that.

I first started out by separating the client classes from the bean
classes, but soon had to merge them. I think you will have to do that too
after you find out that your beans don't work..

> 2) <type>jar</type> in the dependency and
>    <modules>
>       <javaModule>
>          <groupId>winterthur.jackpot.sample</groupId>
>          <artifactId>sample-ejb-client</artifactId>

Add

          <includeInApplicationXml>true</includeInApplicationXml>

>       </javaModule>
>    </modules>
>   where the java client module is not added to the generated application.xml

You see, this is false by default, another indication that this is not
the normal way to do things.. ;)

> Any ideas? Thanks a lot again.

No problem!

-- Kenney