A seperate project, used both by the server side and the client side:

myapp
    pom.xml
    persistence-module (contains the entity-beans)
        pom.xml (JAR packaging)
    common-module (contains the interfaces for SLSBs/SFSBs, depends on
persistence-module)
        pom.xml (JAR packaging)
    server-module (contains implementations of SLSBs,depends on
common-module)
        pom.xml (JAR packaging)
    client-module (swing ui, depends on common-module)
        pom.xml