I use the jetty6:run (6.0 beta 9) target
to launch Jetty with my web app under
integration.

It has a not-too-extensive Spring/Hibernate
configuration. Jetty detects code changes
just fine but after maybe 10 reloads, it
starts reporting out-of-memory problems
and refuses to reload. The machine isn't
out of memory so it's the JVM itself that
hits a wall.

Is this a known Jetty plug-in problem? Or
should I be looking for memory leaks in
Spring and Hibernate (or, e gads, my own
code). Is there something I need to
configure to make sure that Jetty releases
all app objects before reloading?

BTW, I also ran into out of memory
problems under surefire when running
integration tests but was able to solve
it by using a singleton Spring application
context as a class member. But it leads
me to think that my Spring context isn't
releasing everything when it stops being
referenced (closing the context and
explicitly setting all references to it
null helped me get about 10 more tests
in a run).

This is really only an issue during this
final integration phase so it's not too
big a deal but it does stop the thought
flow when it happens. It's also an appli-
cation confidence issue but I will do
some memory profiling later.

TIA,

  -dub