Thank you for your fast reply, Mike.

I have already seen that war:manifest goal generates a manifest file
under the warSourceDirectory if there is no manifest file jet.

But i dont understand why the WAR plugin (even an beta-2 plugin
supports manifest generation) does not generate manifest on my PC(XP
Prof SP2)!!! In the thread
 http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/200604.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]
manifest generation works. So it must be something wrong with my
settings.

P. S.
As you know, for using RAD/RSA exporting functionality (export to EAR)
some additional dependencies to ear-packaged jars must be provided
(project->preferences->Java JAR Dependencies). In this case RAD
generates its own manifest file. I want to preserve this functionality
for my coleagues who use it.

Another issue about RAD manifest - it does not provide custom artifact
names and versions. All dependencies are named just like the RAD
projects do.