I have a project A which i have successfully compiled and packaged. Now when
i try to run mvn install, it tries to create a jar into my local repository.
But its appending the version also to the jar file which i really want to
avoid. For example in the pom.xml of project A file i have given
<project>
        <groupId>A</groupId>
        <artifactId>A</artifactId>
        <packaging>jar</packaging>
        <version>1.0</version>
</project>

So its creating a jar file as A-1.0.jar.  I can avoid the version number
when
i execute mvn package by providing
<build>
 <finalName>${project.artifactId}</finalName>
</build>
in my pom xml for the project A. But when i execute mvn install for the
project it again places the project-version.jar in my
localrepository under the following folder path
<localRepository>/{groupId}/{version}/project-version.jar.
Due to this I am facing an issue when i am trying to create an EAR by
including this project. Since all this A project jar is fetched from
the local repository, thiss jar will be A-{version}.jar. Please let me know
how i can avoid getting the version number. My EAR pom xml looks like this

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd";>
        <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
        <groupId>DB_EA</groupId>
        <artifactId>DB_EA</artifactId>
        <packaging>ear</packaging>
        <version>1.0</version>
        <dependencies>
            <dependency>
              <groupId>A</groupId>
              <artifactId>A</artifactId>
              <version>1.0</version>
              <type>jar</type>
            </dependency>
        </dependencies>
        <build>
            <directory>${basedir}</directory>
            <finalName>${project.artifactId}</finalName>
            <plugins>
              <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
                <configuration>
                <earSourceDirectory>${basedir}/src</earSourceDirectory>
                  <archive>
                    <manifest>
                      <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
                    </manifest>
                  </archive>
                  <generateApplicationXml>false</generateApplicationXml>
                </configuration>
              </plugin>
            </plugins>
        </build>