Thanks Wayne. I undertand its trivial but was just trying to avoid
redundancy. I downloaded the ant-run-plugin. Could you please let me know
how can i get this folder removed immediately after executing mvn package. I
tried providing the following under my pom xml

                <executions>
                  <execution>
                    <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                    <configuration>
                      <tasks>
                      <delete dir="${project.build.directory}"/>
                      </tasks>
                    </configuration>
                    <goals>
                      <goal>run</goal>
                    </goals>
                  </execution>
                </executions>
      </plugin>
but here it was trying to delete even before the packaging had started. I
see a <phase> , should i specify something here so that it will delete the
folder only after packaging?