Hi -

See http://www.nabble.com/Running-maven-site-plugin-from-svn-p3953978.html and see if that doesn't help!

Elliot

Ryan Wynn wrote:
On 4/21/06, Henry S. Isidro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Friday 21 April 2006 11:38 pm, Ryan Wynn wrote:

Do you know if I need to install the skin manually and if so how I can do
it?

Thanks.

Get it from here: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/skins/trunk and then
install it.

Thanks, Henry. I installed it from https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/skins/trunk
using

E:\>mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.skins -DartifactId=maven
-site-skin -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=SkinPlugin.jar

and my site.xml includes

<skin>
                <groupId>org.apache.maven.skins</groupId>
                <artifactId>maven-site-skin</artifactId>
                <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </skin>

and now the complaint is

[INFO] The skin does not exist: Unable to determine the release version

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.skins -DartifactId=maven
-default-skin \
        -Dversion=RELEASE -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  org.apache.maven.skins:maven-default-skin:jar:RELEASE

I do not reference org.apache.maven.skins:maven-default-skin:jar:RELEASE in my pom.xml or
site.xml so the site plugin must be initiating this.

Any ideas what might be wrong?