Wayne Fay schrieb:
Is there a reason you can't move it?? So many people on this list make
their lives "miserable" by ignoring Maven defaults/standards and
rigging things to fit their own layout. I find it easier to simply
adjust my projects to fit the expectations of Maven.

If I remember correctly the Eclipse PDE creates a manifest file with custom information at a fixed location. So in this case it is not possible to just move the manifest file.

And yes, I believe you can configure the location of the MANIFEST.MF
file in the Jar plugin, but I'm not certain of the details.

<plugin>
  <configuration>
    <archive>
      <manifestFile>${basedir}/MANIFEST.MF</manifestFile>
    </archive>
  </configuration>
</plugin>

Wayne