On 4/22/06, Simon Kitching <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It's quite common to generate "variants" of projects (sorry, there's
> some maven terminology for this which I can't remember for the moment).
> For example, a jar project can build foo.jar plus variants like
> foo-src.jar, foo-jdk14.jar, etc. Anyone know if this mechanism could be
> used to add a jarfile of the classes for a webapp (or some subset of
> them) as one of its generated artifacts? Or is it done just like the
> approach described above?

You're talking about classifiers ie <classifier>jdk14</classifier>. ;-)

You could probably rig some complicated system using assembler to
unjar the B.war file, grab the files from b-war/WEB-INF/classes and
build them into the A.war project. But no guarantees it would work.
And it would take a decent amount of time to get it all working
properly, I'd assume.

This is another case of "help Maven help you" -- I'd just get the
B.war guy to break his project into 2 pieces, jar and war, and pull in
the B-jar dependency by itself.

Wayne