One of the reasons I do this now is because the new ejb3 spec allows for looking up objects based on a class. These new jndi objects are scoped based on the name of the ear. I remove the version so that I can keep the same code and reference the objects through jndi the same way each time. I believe there is a mechanism to override these names and provide your own, but I'm just a lazy programmer...
Nic

Arik Kfir wrote:

sorry for butting in - but why would you want to do that?