From: Simon Kitching [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:40 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: RE: [M2] - Third party artifact installation / parse error in
POM

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 08:54 +0200, Sharma, Jaikumar wrote:
> Thanks Tim for useful tip, I installed the thirdparty artifact, but
> did not use the option as you mentioned -- (-DgeneratePom=true). I
> would do this and let you know the results.

Note: there are some jars (in particular, Sun stuff like
javax.transaction) for which there is a pom in the ibiblio repository,
but not the jar, for legal reasons.

For these jars, you don't want to specify -DpomFile or -DgeneratePom;
just install the jar and the pom will be downloaded (with all the right
info). At least I think that's how it works.

> In the settings.xml, I have specified the localRepository pointing to
> local filesystem, but file:// -- protocol has been specified. Might be

> that because of the first problems, further stacktrace is getting
> generated. I would try and see the results.

Are you talking about the *local* repository (ie cache typically in
~/.m2/repository), or a remote repository that happens to be hosted by
you? If the latter, I've been unable to get file:// urls working; if you
do, please let me know!

Regards,

Simon

- - - - - - - DISCLAIMER- - - - - - - -
Unless indicated otherwise, the information contained in this message is
privileged and confidential, and is intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to
receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and/or
attachments is strictly prohibited. The company accepts no liability for any
damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Furthermore, the
company does not warrant a proper and complete transmission of this
information, nor does it accept liability for any delays. If you have
received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the
message. Thank you.