Hi Emmanuel, thanks for the quick feedback. My comments inline below:

Great :-)

>> I'm using a ssh tunnel, so my server is "localhost", while I assume
>> that other might directly connect to cvs.dev.java.net. All I
>could find out now, is that the scm url is only stored in
>project.scm.developerConnection => Can the scm url be put into
>the ~/.m2/settings.xml?
>
>It's possible with a property used in a profile.

I have used neither own properties nor a profile yet, but I will try :-)

>> I tried to validate the scm url with scm:validate and that
>worked. A scm:status failed first, because it had no
>connectionUrl set.
>> => Why does scm:status not look into the
>project.scm.developerConnection, but only in project.scm.connection?
>
>project.scm.connection is the default connection used, if you
>want to use project.scm.developerConnection, you can set
>connectionType plugin property to developerconnection

Ok, that worked :)

>mvn -X -DconnectionType=developerConnection scm:status

>> => How do I create the ~/.cvspass?
>
>Maven-SCM create it and add the cvsroot in it if it doesn't exist.
>If you want to create it manually, you'll need to call the cvs
>login command

Hm :-k but the command above (scm:status) did not create it, but complained
that it is missing.

>> => Do I have to install a cvs client in order to use cvs?
>
>Yes, our pure java cvs provider isn't ready yet.

Can I use cvsnt? Or are there other command line cvs clients for windows? I
read that it does not take the .cvspass into account. Sorry if thesse questions
might sound stupid :-/

Kind Regards,
 _         __                _  _
//\ndreas.[|-bbert-[]/arroum(a)[|\|okia.com
           `-        `
   Andreas Ebbert-Karroum
   Software Design Engineer - Nokia Networks Services / Middleware
   phone: +49-211-94123928, fax: +49-211-9412-3838
   Heltorfer Straße 1, 40472 Düsseldorf, Germany

This message is confidential. If you have received this message in error,
please delete it from your system. You should not copy it for any purpose,
or disclose its contents to any other person. Internet communications are
not secure and therefore Nokia GmbH does not accept legal responsibility
for the contents of this message as it has been transmitted over a public
network. Thank you.
Nokia GmbH, Nokia Networks is a German Company. Further information
about the Company is available from its principal offices at
Heltorferstrasse 1, D-40472, Düsseldorf, Germany and from the
website at http://www.nokia.com/