On Monday 24 April 2006 3:51 pm, Mike Perham wrote:
> <scope>test</scope> is the closest thing I can think of.  Test dependencies
> are not transitive so you need to declare them in each module.

Right, I saw that but didn't know if the scoped would allow transitive
behaviour. I also don't know much of other available scopes. So let's say I
have a project, MyUtils, with a dependency on XMLUnit scoped to test and
another optional dependency on JDOM. JDOM is only necessary if you want to
use XPath features wrapped by MyUtils and provided by JDOM. Now I want to
include Myutils in another project but I only want to use some collections
classes also found in MyUtils and have no need for the wrapping of JDOM. How
do I set the POM for MyUtils such that JDOM is not transitively included?
More importantly how do I set it such that JDOM is automatically included
with another project that does want to use the wrapped JDOM functionality
from MyUtils without changing the POM for either project? Is profiles the
answer?