Hello.

I'm using the latest Maven release. When I build my project, the resulting Jar file's manifest contains an Extension-Name attribute along with Specification and Implementation attributes. The POM contains no mention that this project is a Java optional package -- an "extension" (or an extension of any other kind).
    I don't know why Maven is doing that.
If Maven is doing this by default for some reason, it absolutely shouldn't. Maven should not identify my Jar as an optional package unless I explicitly say so. The name it uses for the extension name is the POM's <artifactId>. That's not even a UID!
    Is there something I can to do to prevent this?
And a problem with it is that Maven sets the "Specification-Title" to the value of the POM's <description>. In my POM, this is a multi-line value, and the resulting manifest is invalid -- Maven then can't even load the jar that it just created itself!
    Does anyone know more about this?

    Thanks,
    - Steev Coco.