Hi there,

I was under the impression that the distributionManagement element was not
configurable within a profile that is defined outside of a project
pom.xmlfile.  On the Maven documentation site I read the following
snippet on the
following link:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html

"....We don't allow modification of some POM elements outside of
POM-profiles because these runtime modifications will not be distributed
when the POM is deployed to the repository system, making that person's
build of that project completely unique from others. While you can do this
to some extent with the options given for external profiles, the danger is
limited. Another reason is that those POM info is being reused sometimes
from the parent POM."
External files such as settings and profiles.xml also does not support
elements outside the POM-profiles....."

From reading this I define parameters like in the example and then pass them
into the pom.xml usign ${parameter name}.  This was the pom is clear as to
what it expects if it is distributed.

I think this is correct, but if anyone else has a clear view of this then I
would be interested in reading other peoples thoughts.

Hope this helps.
Trent