On Tue, 2 May 2006, Anshuman Srivastava wrote:

> Thanks Kenny for your reply.I am not using <packaging>par</packaging>.I am
> using <packaging>jar</packaging> as I thought that building jar is
> sufficient for my final deployable war file.

well, that depends. You don't need par, jar works fine too.
For a war, you need packaging war but you already knew that.
If you want to use persistence archives from a WAR you'll need to add
a dependency from the war to the par, and you need to separately deploy
the par (or put it in an ear).

> And you are correct that  every ejb module has its own persistence manager,I
> have 2 persistence.xml in 2 ejb modules.

Ah ok, I misunderstood your mail then.

> Do I need to change packaging as "par" ?Any other changes required i
> pom.xmlfor depenedncy on
> persitsence.xml?I am a first time user of Maven and dont know much about
> EJB.

No you don't need packaging par, since a par is just a jar. The par plugin
is still in the sandbox anyway.

If you need to automagically get your persistence.xml in the archive, then
just put it in src/main/resources/META-INF/persistence.xml and it'll end
up in the correct place.

You don't need a dependency to do that.

-- Kenney