On page 45 of the new maven book, it states:

"The original contents of src/main/resources can be found starting at the base
of the JAR and the application.properties file is there in the META-INF
directory. You will also notice some other files there like
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF, as well as a pom.xml and pom.properties file. These come
standard with the creation of a JAR in Maven. You can create your own manifest
if you choose, but Maven will generate one by default if you don't."

I'm in a situation where I need to specify entries in the Class-Path attribute
in MANIFEST.MF.  Putting the manifest file in "src/main/resources/META-INF/"
results in a manifest being generated by maven, and the one in resources being
stored under WEB-INF/classes/META-INF.

Did I misunderstand this portion of the book?

Ideally, I would be able to accomplish what I'm after by specifying the
"addClasspath" attribute for the WAR archiver, but doing this includes all jars
with the default scope in the classpath which is not what I'm after.  Default
scope items should be bundled inside the WEB-INF/lib folder of the war as
normal, but there are a couple that are provided inside the application EAR and
these are what I'd like to add to the manifest classpath.

Any pointers?