Very good news!

Wayne Fay wrote:
Just wanted to post and let everyone know that Carlos Sanchez has
recently uploaded two new Sun jars into the Maven repos. This was not
discussed on the User or Dev list, nor did I see any relevant JIRA
emails, so I thought I'd send this notification to the Users list
myself.

Here's the relevant blog posts:
http://jroller.com/page/carlossg?entry=sun_jars_available_in_maven
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/archive/2006/05/javamail_and_ac.html

The two jars that were uploaded:
<dependency>
 <groupid>javax.activation</groupid>
 <artifactid>activation</artifactid>
 <version>1.1</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
 <groupid>javax.mail</groupid>
 <artifactid>mail</artifactid>
 <version>1.4</version>
</dependency>

If you add these dependencies to your poms, you will no longer receive
a pom file notifying you to download and manually install these jars
etc, but instead Maven will download the binaries and automatically
use them. This is great! If you are using older versions of these jars
in your projects, you can modify your poms to pull these files
instead, and eliminate the older jars from your corporate or local
repo etc.

Thanks for your work on this Carlos (and Kohsuke). I look forward to
seeing more Sun jars posted in Maven repo as they are released under
CDDL, folded into Project Glassfish, etc.

Wayne

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet