From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Lee Meador
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 8:12 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: M2 - Best practice for common jars between EJB,WAR modules
in EAR

I've got two ejb jars, a few wars and they are all in an ear.

I'm using Webshere 6.

I do the same thing you do but exclude the jars from the wars. There
used to be a bug where you could exclude everything from the war or
nothing. Maybe that is fixed and you can exclude piecemeal. I got by by
excluding everything and then doing something ugly with the one unique
3rd party jar that I only needed in one war and no ejb jars. I just
added it into one of the ejb jars. The ejb code didn't need it but the
classloader order made it available to the war.

On 5/3/06, Gwyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm not sure if this works in JBoss, but the way I'm doing it in
> Weblogic is slightly different, so might be worth trying just on the
> off chance...
>
> I've got an EAR, which contains an EJB jar, a number of WARs and a
> number of common jars, all in the root.  The common jars are
> referenced in the EJB's MANIFEST as a result of the following...
>
>                <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                 <artifactId>maven-ejb-plugin</artifactId>
>                 <configuration>
>                     <archive>
>                         <manifest>
>                             <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
>                         </manifest>
>                     </archive>
>                 </configuration>
>
> --

-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

****DISCLAIMER
The information contained in this e-mail and attachments, if any, is
confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose the e-mail
and its attachment, or any part of its content or take any action in reliance
of it.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the message
back to the sender by replying and then deleting it.  We cannot accept
responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or
attachments, and recommend that you subject these to your virus checking
procedures prior to use